WINDOW AND DOOR TIPS
The Benefits of Window and Door Replacements
Choosing windows and doors for your home can be an overwhelming mission. Window and door manufacturing and technology is forever changing and updating. Understanding these changes isn’t easy.
Prior to making a decision that will likely amount ot a significant home-improvement investment, we want you to have a better understanding of the essential elements and benefits of the product lines offered byAlpha Windows and Doors.
The more you know before you sit down with one of our representatives, the more productive our question and answer consultation will be.
Great Tips to Know Before Purchasing Windows and Doors
Tip 1: Get informed; be an educated consumer. Select windows and doors that won’t require replacement. We want you to feel like a respected partner throughout the decision-making and purchasing process.
Tip 2: Choose custom-sized windows and doors. Most manufacturers do not charge extra for custom sizing, since their products perform best when they are properly fitted to your home’s openings. Without a doubt,custom windows and doors offer the best value long-term, due to quick installation and distinct lack of cosmetic work needed inside or outside the home. Moreover, an exact fit translates to improved waterproofing and thermal performance which result in lower cost utility bills.
Tip 3: Select premium products built to last. Windows and doors with frames and sashes made from premium products are worth the investment. Technological advancements over the past decade offer improved materials that offer better energy efficiency, durability, low maintenance and exceptional beauty.
Tip 4: A Practical ‘Facelift’ for Your Home. When you factor in all the styles, shapes, and color palettes available in the product lines we offer, you will find the right look you want to achieve. Also, your window and door options provide modern benefits that were never thought possible, including protection against UV rays, sound reduction, energy control, and enhanced comfort.
Tip 5: Trust a specialty dealer who offers products from reputable manufacturers. Customer service and satisfaction are foundation of our reputation. Customer reviews can give you insights beyond a manufacturer’s product line brochure. Be sure to check out our own customer testimonials on what they thought of their Alpha experience. Click hear to read our customers’ testimonials
Tip 6: Select energy-efficient windows and doors. With the continual fluctuation in energy costs, these high-performance products translate to reduced heating and cooling bills while also enhancing the comfort level of you and your family..
Tip 7: Be prepared with impact-resistant products. When living in Florida, along the Gulf Coast, or almost anywhere in the Caribbean, more families and businesses are relying on impact-resistant doors and windowsto protect themselves, their lifestyle, and their livelihoods from potentially destructive hurricane-blown rain and debris.
Tip 8: Understand the warranty on each product you buy. We take the time to explain the warranties, so you will know what you can expect, not only from each product manufacturer, but also how the Alpha team will take care of you after the installation is done.
WHEN SHOULD I REPLACE MY WINDOWS AND DOORS?
- When you notice your energy bills are getting higher – and continue to increase, especially during the hot summer months.
- When your home feels drafty in cold weather or gets too warm from the heat of the sun coming through your windows and doors.
- When you’re concerned about how safe or secure your windows and doors are.
- When your windows and doors are difficult or impossible to operate.
- When your home’s existing windows and doors are worn and faded, making your home look old and out-dated.
- When the glass in your windows and doors is cracked or the operating hardware is failing.
- When you’re planning to sell your home and you want to enhance its ‘curb appeal’ to make it more attractive to potential buyers, and to expedite its sale.
- When your old windows and doors require constant repairs, such as puttying, painting, replacing parts, adjusting and waterproofing.
- When your home insurance rate is high and you want to take advantage of any discounts offered by your insurance company so you can reduce your annual premiums.