WINDOW AND DOOR PERMITTING
The Florida Building Code stipulates that building permits are required for window and door replacement / installation. Working without a permit is illegal and can result in fines and repercussions when trying to sell your home. Only a licensed contractor or homeowner (acting as an owner-builder) is able to obtain a permit to perform the work.
TYPICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR WINDOWS AND DOORS INSTALLATION / REPLACEMENT PERMIT.
The Alpha Windows and Doors team offers full service permitting and engineering. Most municipalities require the same information to issue a permit for windows and doors installation or replacement. For example:
- Two copies of the Product Control Approval. All letters in the product control approval must be 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches and all drawings
- must be 11 inches by 17 inches.
- Photos of the property cannot be Polaroid’s or black and white photos.
- Two copies of the full floor plan and elevations drawn at 1/4 inch to 1 foot scale.
- Two copies of the site specific wind-load calculations signed and sealed by an engineer for the openings where the windows or doors are to be installed.
- If the windows and/or doors to be installed will not be located in the existing openings, or the size of the opening is being altered, then submittal must be made to the Board of Architects.
- Copy of the contractor’s license.
- Copy of the liability and workers’ compensation insurances.
- Copy of the window and door contract.
Please feel free to contact our office with any questions regarding the window and door permitting process.